Now more than ever, protect your family from the flu. To prevent the flu, you need a plan.
This year it is more important than ever to get your flu shot. During the COVID-19 pandemic, it is important to protect yourself and your family by getting routine vaccinations. This can help prevent unnecessary medical visits and hospitalizations. While a vaccine for COVID-19 is still in the works, a shot already exists for the flu. You can protect your family from getting the flu by getting a flu shot.
Get it at your child’s well-child checkup, or make a carside appointment. We have safe and convenient options available for your family.
Not Feeling Well?
Understanding your symptoms is important. Reference the table below as a guide. Reach out to your provider if you have any concerns.
|It's a Cold||It's the Flu||It's COVID-19|
Slow onset of symptoms
No or mild fever
Muscles are not achy
Sudden onset of symptoms
Lower than normal appetite
Uncontrolled cough or shortness of breath that causes difficulty breathing
Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
Loss of taste or smell
Did you know?
- A flu shot is recommended for everyone 6 months or older, including kids, teens and pregnant women.
- Kids get the flu at a higher rate than almost any other part of the population, which is why it is so important for them to get the flu shot.
- The flu shot significantly reduces the risk of serious illnesses like pneumonia, hospitalization, and death due to the flu.
- Kids with asthma or another chronic health condition are at a higher risk for serious flu-related complications. It is very important for these kids to get the flu shot as soon as possible so they don’t get sick in the first place.
- The flu shot is inactivated, which means it doesn’t contain a live flu virus and can’t cause the flu.
- Pregnant women can get a flu shot at any time during pregnancy.
- The flu shot is safe for new moms and women who are breastfeeding.
- It takes the flu shot about two weeks to help your body make antibodies to fight the flu virus. That is why it is important to get the flu shot as soon as possible.