You decide. Get the flu shot today!
The flu shot is a covered benefit for Texas Children’s Health Plan members! If you need help finding a flu vaccination location, call 1-800-892-1399.
Did you know?
- A flu shot is recommended for everyone 6 months or older, including kids and teens.
- Kids get the flu at a higher rate than almost any other part of the population, which is why it’s so important for them to get the flu shot.
- The flu shot significantly reduces the risk of serious illnesses like pneumonia, hospitalization, and death due to the flu.
- Kids with asthma or another chronic health condition are at a higher risk for serious flu-related complications. It’s very important for these kids to get the flu shot as soon as possible so that they don’t get sick in the first place.
- The flu shot is inactivated, which means it doesn’t contain a live flu virus and can’t cause the flu.
- Pregnant women can get a flu shot at any time during pregnancy.
- The flu shot is safe for new moms and women who are breastfeeding.
- It takes the flu shot about two weeks to help your body make antibodies to fight the flu virus. That’s why it’s important to get the flu shot by the end of October, before flu season ramps up.
Is it a cold?
- Slow onset of symptoms
- No or mild fever
- Mild tiredness
- Normal appetite
- Muscles are not achy
- No chills
- No headache
Is it the Flu?
- Sudden onset of symptoms
- High fever
- Severe tiredness
- Lower than normal appetite
- Achy muscles