For the safety of our patients and staff, we have updated our visitation practices at both our locations of The Center for Children and Women:
- We highly encourage only one parent or caregiver over 18 years of age to accompany each minor or pediatric patient to appointments.
- For pregnant patients older than 18 at The Centers for Children and Women, no additional visitors are currently permitted.
- To help protect our patients and staff – if at all possible – we ask that you not bring siblings, children or other visitors younger than 18 years of age. Please know, we are here to care for any patient who needs us.
- Additionally, all patients and caregivers will be subject to screening upon arrival.
Texas Children’s is committed to keeping our patients, staff and employees safe as we manage the emerging global pandemic health situation around the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). As part of our commitment, we are taking proactive measures to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Due to increasing concerns, and our focus on providing safe, high-quality care to our patients, we made the decision to change The Center for Children and Women operating hours to 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. weekdays. Our weekend hours will remain 9am - 7pm. We require patients to call before visiting The Center to determine if an in-person appointment is appropriate, as we have a new walk-in process in place.
Thank you for your support and doing your part to slow the spread of COVID-19. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
What if I have questions?
If you feel you or your loved ones have been exposed to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please do one of the following:
Call your Primary Care Provider directly
- See an online provider now through Texas Children’s Anywhere Care with a smartphone, tablet, or computer. The online visits are a covered benefit for Texas Children’s Health Plan members.
- Call our 24 hour nurse help line at 1-800-686-3831 or TDD 1-800-735-2989